Thursday, 11 May 2017

Adaptation B - Reflective Statement

I feel the modeling stage of this project went really well, with guidance from the tutors I was able to achieve a fully modeled, rigged and textured character model to what I think to be at quite a high level for my 2years experience in the Maya software. My critique went well and was happy to hear that I could carry this project into next year. I thought that my idea for the narrative section of the project has strong origins for character development and cinematic values, but due to the time I spent on the character development and asset, I neglected to think about the core narrative principles of premise and names. I plan to go back to the beginning of this project now, so I can develop the core story and plot.

The criticism that I did receive, and totally agree with, is my lack of explanation to the processes that I am using on my blog and that I need a more professional approach to my blogging language. I do find how to express myself a real challenge and this was totally reflected in my presentation, I stumbled on words and forgot to talk about the most important part of the narrative which would of really cemented the idea. I'm not taking this as a negative though, just want to work on rectifying the problem.

But, I'm super happy with the progress I am making and quite excited to develop my adaptation B project to the next level in year 3.

Tuesday, 9 May 2017

Adaptation B - @Alan Extra Renders

Hi Alan, would you include extra turn around renders of these poses, going for the whole Tankgirl attitude or keep as stills, Do you think they work, thanks

Sunday, 7 May 2017

Adaptation B - Teeth

Getting a real strange shadow on the front of the teeth,  which is getting on my wick. as I cant see whats causing it.

Adaptation B - Colours Back

Taken a render from the face cam, the rig is fun to use, though the mouth is quite tricky to get a natural shape, but will keep trying

Adaptation B - Colour Management computer says NO

After struggling with a face rig, I had to reset my prefs due to a joint issue. However the face rig all works correctly, got to sort the teeth out, but all my colours have gone sqiffy, so battling to get my colours back - what fun

Thursday, 4 May 2017

Adaptation B - Lighting

Got stuck on the face today, just always looked muddy, so thought I would have a try at the lighting.

Adaptation B - Round One

First round, to try and get abit of life into the skin, this is just as tricky as everything else has been.
Will carry on working as still not there yet.

Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Adaptation B - Leather Test

Trying to get the spec right to create leather, think this a better attempt. looks less like plastic to me

Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Adaptation B - Rig Test

Got a odd twist in the lower shoulder and can now see the wrong shape in the chin, which I have struggled with from the beginning. But still liking, I can now try and get a bit of life into the model.

Adaptation B - Body Rig

Body rig completed and all working, had a late discovery that some of my joints had mirrored oddly due to a pref setting on my machine, the rig all works correctly apart from the rotation is not mirrored so one arm moves up and one down when both Ctrls are picked, but individually its all dandy. So my machine is safe and not been launched out the window.

Monday, 1 May 2017

Adaptation B - Leather Jacket

Trying to make the texture of a leather jacket, but just looks like plastic at the moment.